Sunday, September 6, 2009

your baby is decaying

Getting back into a regular asana practice is putting me in a much better mood. Have been feeling in a bit of a funk the last few days and feel like I am just now pulling my head out of it. Went to Jen’s 8am Moksha at MYBW yesterday and am planning on starting back up at AYCT tomorrow. This morning, drove to Kingston to visit my sister, bro-in-law, niece and then later my Mom. LOTS of family, requires extra mindfulness: did a 20 minute sit in the car while Les drove. Not the most ideal place to practice breathing and thinking about decaying bodies (please don’t decay just yet, Les, I need you to drive). On the way home did another sit (15 minutes this time) and thought about Lennon (my niece’s) body decaying. THAT was a mindfuck, considering she was just born less than a year ago. Pictured her growing into an old woman and decaying slowing in stages. Very challenging thing to just wrap my head around, let alone stay present with. Babies dying is maybe the worst thing to think about.

No comments: