Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day of mindfulness yesterday.

And what was weird was that we didn't leave the apartment for a walking meditation until the sun had almost nearly set!

Started with a little mindful cleaning (I started at one end of the apartment and Les started at the other), followed by a few sessions of mindful reading and eating. I am changing one of my micropractices to mindful teeth brushing. Wow! I had no idea how spastic I was about teeth brushing until I took the time to slow down and be a little more systematic about it. What I love about this particular micropractice is that is so beneficial to slow this down: I am doing a really awesome job of brushing my teeth and that feels GREAT! For some reason when these practices are applied to something real and tangible and something with a level of immediacy, I actually feel more motivation to do them. Although I know sitting is hugely beneficial for me, it doesn't have that immediate your teeth are now clean and you won't get a cavity kind of benefit.

No comments: