Monday, September 28, 2009

And I'm Back

sickness is an interesting experience in mindfulness. When my body was too sore and ragged to sit and focus on my breath, it was a practice to incorporate mindfulness into breathing in warm water vapor from a bowl, sitting still in a bath with euycalyptus epsom salts or to practice non-attachment to my idea of being healthy.

This morning though I was able to sit. I woke up early again (5am) and gave myself permission to sit for a shorter amount of time. Although I find there is less activity in my mind at 5am, I find it challenging not to fall back asleep. Asana is similar - there is calm stillness about my movement and breath, but also a lethargy (is the lethargy really just that calmness?) Am I only calm when it is early in the day? When I am calm is it only due to my sleepiness? Huh...

1 comment:

poep sa frank jude said...

We can discuss the questions you ask (if they are still an issue) but I just wanted to welcome you back and say I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. May you continue to heal.....

love,
frank jude