Friday, September 11, 2009

Third Month Practice Starts Today

PLACE: Living room chair
Circumstances: Early morning
Practice: The second Four Exercises

I began the third month's practice this morning by doing some light reading through MY and BREATHE, as well as the month outline. The practice is starting to feel more comfortable. More normal even.

I used the "Second Four Exercises" from BREATHE for my practice this morning:

Breathing in I feel joyful. Breathing out, I feel joyful.
Breathing in I feel happy. Breathing out, I feel happy.
Breathing in I am aware of my mental formations, breathing out I am aware of my mental formations
Breathing in I calm my mental formations, breathing out I calm my mental formations

It was pretty awesome to start to notice the connection between what the body was feeling and what the mind was doing. Definitely much easier / more fruitful to play with this earlier in the morning.

No comments: