Thursday, September 10, 2009

Family Matters

Had a sleep in this morning. Thank Buddha - or thank my schedule maybe...? Regardless I awoke at 9, started some coffee and then nudged Les awake. We chatted for a bit and I invited her to my sit. Surprisingly (not sure why I was so surprised, she digs this stuff) she joined in. I read some Tolle outloud (just started A New Earth to see what the hype was all about) and then read outloud Hanh's Ex. 10 from T and H. We chatted about the "STUFF" we identify with and are attached to and our delusions of what brings joy and happiness. Laughed about the absurdity of what we will bring us happiness and then begin a sit. I liked this one, and I liked feeling aware of my choice to be happy. Somehow when it is a choice, a decision, something I can welcome into my experience, it doesn't seem so hard to have a life of happiness. It's not something that is bestowed on me from some external being (my boss, my partner, my friends, my bank account). Wah! Little break throughs make this practice much more worthwhile.

Speaking of little breakthroughs, my asana practice felt tremendous today. I did the sit pre-practice, which really helped me put everything into context. I chose happiness in each pose, even when that was brutally challenging. And amazingly enough, the asana (even these ones below)




Were smoother and had more of that quality of ease. I would send the Buddha a thank you card if that were possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are pretty!