Thursday, July 16, 2009

Morning Sit

Place: AYCT
Post Practice
In the cow room

There is something about anticipating the alarm that doesn't sit well with me lately. So I have been setting, as a back up device, but have been sitting "until it feels right" - which is usually just around 15 minutes, in the attempt to train myself to knowing what 15 minutes is without needing an alarm. It's also really jarring to get pulled out with the sound of my phone alarm (even if it is a xylophone...) - I've also been struggling with the "prescribed" meditations that we need to do. Maybe it's my inner rebel acting up, but I have been feeling like those are just distracting me from just simply sitting with what it really happening in this moment. I am okay with my mind wandering and I am okay with my mind staying put.

No comments: