Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mindfulness on a Busy Day

Very full day and didn’t really get a chance to practice in the morning. My alarm went off late and didn’t go to mysore in the morning. Was aware of how easily this can throw off my day. When I walked to school, I used the stop lights as my bell of mindfulness, and allowed that time to ease my anxiety of being late for school (also noted the importance of leaving plenty of time for my morning walk to school so it can act as a walking meditation). Had a potluck lunch at school today and noticed my attachment to the idea of consuming foods that taste good but give little nourishment. Came home later than usual and practiced a slower eating of my dinner (Les is often calling me out on being a quick eater, something I really need to bring into my daily practice). Probably still a quick eat by normal standards, but slowing down a little.

No comments: