Monday, April 5, 2010

The Effects of Whipping Cream

I have been trying to include more vegan flirtations in my diet. I used to think of myself as a "flexi-vegan": a person who really really thought that not eating dairy and eggs (in addition to her usual non-eating of meat) was an awesome idea and preferred to bake this way, but that when going home for the holidays, or around a really sexy looking piece of brie, wouldn't put up much of a fight.

But I am starting to have second thoughts about this.



We went home to my Mother's house for Easter dinner this weekend and had two scrumptious meals with my family. It was delightful and joyful and a I nearly died a little in my heart when I heard that the lasagna had four cups of whipping cream in it. That's some serious cream! I had these flash backs to a book I read (or a documentary I watched) about either Baskin or Robins, who had a heart attack at 50 due to all the ice creamy goodness he ate through his life. Nothing like a little paranoia to push you into eating better.

At this same dinner, we met Edison the cat. It might be hard to tell from these pictures, but Edison is definitely bigger than when I last saw him. Don't tell Edison, but he's looking like he ate another cat. Maybe he's been getting into the whipping cream...



Can you guess which one is Edison?

No comments: