Friday, April 2, 2010

The Routine

I have been thinking a little about how important it is to establish routines in order to make a daily practice work...the following are some of the things which I love to do which 100% impedes the making of routines:

staying up until lord-knows-when
eating random things at random hours of the day (when you first get up / right before sleep)
loathing the idea of getting up at the same time everyday
loathing the idea of doing the same thing everyday
loathing the idea of routines (okay that one might be big...)
    And yet, many things in my life require a certain amount of routines (school, yoga, eating vegan) - so finding out how to make those routines work is always interesting. I read a great big that Mo introduced me to called It Ain't Meat, Babe which just had this awesome post about how to organize yourself to do your weekly grocery run with all the meals in plan. Okay, loving the idea of grocery planning is definitely a huge sign of my own dork status, but it made me realize you have to infuse your routine (ie; eating nightly) with creative, change and fun. So even though I strive to practice daily, the time of day may change, the place may change, and maybe even sometimes the actual yoga that I am doing may have to change (although for a little while at least, that hasn't been the case). I'll let you know how the whole planning-my-meals thing goes!

    No comments: